Browse Items (9 total)

1988-009-016.tif
This Colonial Revival style building was originally the student union at Eastern Kentucky State Teachers College. The brick two-story edifice was designed by C. C. Weber, constructed by the Works Progress Administration, and named for Keen Johnson…

1988-09-176.jpg
Blanton House was named in honor of its first owner and Central University’s last chancellor, Virginia native Lindsey Hughes Blanton (1832-1914). This Italianate style brick house is the only residence still existing from “faculty row” of…

1988-09-178.jpg
The Roark Building was named for the first president of Eastern State Normal School, Dr. Ruric Nevel Roark (1859-1909), a native of Greenville, Kentucky. Architect C. C. Weber designed this structure in the Classical Revival style which was also used…

1988-09-179.jpg
Named for James W. Cammack, a member of the first Board of Regents of Eastern Kentucky State Normal School, the Cammack Building was constructed in 1918 at a cost of $67,000. Used as the training school facility from 1918 to 1930, at one time it…

1988-09-180.jpg
These three connected halls form a U-shaped complex. Designed by the Weber architectural firm as a men’s dormitory complex, they were constructed in 1938 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). Each hall was named in honor of a political leader…

1988-09-181.jpg
This three-story Italianate structure was designed by Cincinnatus Shryock, son of early Lexington architect Mathias Shryock (1774-1833) and brother of Gideon Shryock, architect of the Old Capitol building in Frankfort. Constructed at a cost of…

1988-09-184.jpg
Sullivan Hall was named for Jere A. Sullivan (1862-1931), a Central University graduate and prominent attorney who supported the establishment of normal schools in Kentucky. He was also the first Madison Countian to serve on Eastern’s board of…

1988-09-185.jpg
This Queen Anne style house was built for Anne Wallace Walters (1830-1903), widow of Singleton P. Walters, one of the principle benefactors of Central University. After moving to this dwelling from Blair Park, Mrs. Walters lived here on the edge of…

1988-09-214.jpg
Arlington was a generous gift to Eastern Kentucky University from W. Arnold Hanger in memory of his parents, Col. And Mrs. Harry Baylor Hanger. It presently serves as a faculty-alumni recreation center. The original house was constructed for Mr.…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2