Launey P. Clay House

Title

Launey P. Clay House

Description

This small single-story frame house is locally well-known as the home of Cassius Clay’s adopted Russian-born son, Launey P. Clay (1866-1932). A projecting gable-covered porch supported by clusters of slender columns covers the central entrance on the five-bay facade. A circular vent within a central wall gable repeats in its pointed frame the same diagonal outline as in the gable and the porch below. Originally single-pile, the Launey Clay House now has a frame ell, yet retains the interior brick end chimneys and central-passage plan.

Creator

Kubiak, Lavinia

Date

1986

Contributor

Madison County Historical Society

Format

PHOTOGRAPH/5x7

Type

image

Identifier

1988-009-205
http://library-old.eku.edu/historicmadison/items/show/1749
http://library-old.eku.edu/historicmadison/archive/files/9f594675f7035fafebee31243680900e.jpg

Files

1988-09-205.jpg

Citation

Kubiak, Lavinia, “Launey P. Clay House,” Historic Madison, accessed December 18, 2017, http://historicmadison.omeka.net/items/show/1293.

Comments

He has his hands full with hard work.

Reply

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>